POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sandwich : Re: Sandwich Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sandwich
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 15 Sep 2008 14:11:35
Message: <48cea557@news.povray.org>
>> I mean, theoretically some alternative might be found. But let's face
>> it, do you invest years in R&D?
>
> It's already happening.
>
> Biofuels
> Electicity-powered cars.
> Solar energy
> Wind power

All of which, AFAIK, have been around for at least 30 years, and nobody
has taken any notice whatsoever. And it rather worries me that once
there is only a small pool of oil left on the entire planet, whole
nations will wage war for the rights to have access to that pool. Rather
that, say, actually CHANGE or anything.

> Not mass-market yet, but things are happening.

I've been hearing that electric cars are "just around the corner" since
I was a very small child. ;-)

> It's not driven so much
> by the fact that oil will run out but the fact that fuel prices are higher now so
> there's some financial reason to research and develop cheaper alternatives.

Maybe.

Perhaps the human race will actually adapt to this change. I'm worried
that we might be too stupid though...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/