POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Simply CGI Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:23:56 EDT (-0400)
  Simply CGI (Message 1 to 10 of 25)
From: Invisible
Subject: Simply CGI
Date: 12 Sep 2008 06:10:30
Message: <48ca4016@news.povray.org>
I want to write a large, complex CGI program.

However, I do *not* feel like installing and configuring Apache just so
I can run my CGI program.

Does *anybody* know of a nice, simple little program that will accept
HTTP requests and pass them to my CGI program? All I really want is a
tiny little program to parse the HTTP headers, feed them into my CGI
program, and pass back the answers to the web browser. But I can't seem
to find anything that will do that... All I can find is full-featured
web servers that you have to install and configure. I just want a
single-file executable... Anybody know of one?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> Does *anybody* know of a nice, simple little program that will accept
> HTTP requests and pass them to my CGI program?

  Any unix command-line shell will do. HTTP is pure ascii.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message