POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Simply CGI : Re: Simply CGI Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simply CGI
From: Vincent Le Chevalier
Date: 12 Sep 2008 12:22:36
Message: <48ca974c$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible a écrit :
> Warp wrote:
>> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>>> Does *anybody* know of a nice, simple little program that will accept
>>> HTTP requests and pass them to my CGI program?
>>
>>   Any unix command-line shell will do. HTTP is pure ascii.
>
> Yes, but parsing a HTTP request, putting the various parts of the
> request into the necessary environment variables and piping to stdin
> while running the CGI binary, parsing its output and adding HTTP headers
> to send back to the web browser is... quite a lot of work. And a billion
> opportunities for mistakes. Surely I can't be the first person on Earth
> to have wanted to quickly test a CGI script without having to install a
> web server?

But what you describe looks awfully like a web server to me... Surely
there are some on this page that have a very minimal configuration:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiny_web_servers

I tried hiawatha and nullhttpd here and it seems to work. Didn't try CGI
though, and I'm on linux... Nullhttpd does not seem to be very nicely
documented though.

--
Vincent