POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Simply CGI : Re: Simply CGI Server Time
10 Oct 2024 01:30:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simply CGI
From: Invisible
Date: 12 Sep 2008 09:25:21
Message: <48ca6dc1$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>> Does *anybody* know of a nice, simple little program that will accept
>> HTTP requests and pass them to my CGI program?
>
>   Any unix command-line shell will do. HTTP is pure ascii.

Yes, but parsing a HTTP request, putting the various parts of the
request into the necessary environment variables and piping to stdin
while running the CGI binary, parsing its output and adding HTTP headers
to send back to the web browser is... quite a lot of work. And a billion
opportunities for mistakes. Surely I can't be the first person on Earth
to have wanted to quickly test a CGI script without having to install a
web server?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/