POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : History of the browser user-agent string Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  History of the browser user-agent string (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Warp
Subject: History of the browser user-agent string
Date: 10 Sep 2008 10:14:41
Message: <48c7d650@news.povray.org>
Ever wondered why every single web browser out there claims to be Mozilla,
even though they might not have anything to do with Mozilla?

http://webaim.org/blog/user-agent-string-history/

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Subject: Re: History of the browser user-agent string
Date: 10 Sep 2008 14:02:09
Message: <48c80ba1$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Ever wondered why every single web browser out there claims to be Mozilla,
> even though they might not have anything to do with Mozilla?
>
> http://webaim.org/blog/user-agent-string-history/

And John's curiosity was satisfied
And there was much rejoicing

And now to rms the father, Linus the son and Tux the wholly penguin

We will now sing Hymn 315 during which the beadle will pass among you.
No foreign coins please

John (The rev)

--
"Eppur si muove" - Galileo Galilei