POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XPSP3 Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:10:02 EDT (-0400)
  XPSP3 (Message 11 to 16 of 16)
From: St
Subject: Re: XPSP3
Date: 4 Sep 2008 09:40:48
Message: <48bfe560@news.povray.org>
news:48bfe2a8@news.povray.org...
> St. <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>> > Currently, if you have SP3, and want to try IE8beta you can not
>> > uninstall
>> > IE8beta.
>
>>   Hmm, thanks for that. It doesn't sound too promising.
>
>  I may be a bit dense, but I really can't understand why someone would
> avoid installing SP3 if the only reason is that he can't uninstall
> IE8beta.

     It's not that so much. When IE7 first came out, I thought that it would
be good, so downloaded it. Installed it and then found that you couldn't
change the options. So I just didn't like that and went back to my nice slim
IE6. But then, get this, IE7 left me with an automatic setting in OE6 that
'compacts all folders' and sends 600+MB's to the recycle bin nearly every
week. That's why I'm dubious about SP3.

     ~Steve~

> --
>                                                          - Warp