POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Very silly Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:11:04 EDT (-0400)
  Very silly (Message 17 to 26 of 26)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Very silly
Date: 3 Sep 2008 16:56:49
Message: <48befa11$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 18:17:40 -0400, Warp wrote:

> St. <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>
>> "Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message

>> > Oh, christ, you mean you NEVER do silly things?  Ever?
>> >
>> > Give Andy a break.  Why do you feel it is your duty to attack him
>> > when he does something silly?
>
>>      Jim, with our vast knowledge around here in all types of
>>      lifestyles,
>> let Warp have his opinion.
>
>>      We've all done silly things, and I'm no exception. I've done my
>>      fair
>> share for sure. But it's like Andrew *needs* to listen to others'
>> thoughts and experiences?
>
>   Now I'm *completely* puzzled. How on earth could my response be
>   anything
> else than a humorous response in the same spirit as the original post?
> :-o
>
>   Do you really think I wrote things like "generic programming trading
> cards" as some kind of reproach or attack, rather than a joke?
>
>   I knew that people will always interpret things in the worst possible
>   way,
> but this is just ridiculous.

"At your age, sheesh...." is what I was responding to.  And I was having
a bad day, apologies all around if I read it wrong.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 3 Sep 2008 16:59:11
Message: <48befa9f$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 22:39:38 +0100, St. wrote:

>  Jim, with our vast knowledge around here in all types of lifestyles,
> let Warp have his opinion.

It wasn't the opinion, it was the "at your age?" comment.  I grew up
around people who behaved like that, and it ticks me off when I see
someone "picking" on others.  I was the target of that a lot growing up,
and it pushes ALL of my buttons when I see it happening.

That type of comment comes across - to me - as coming from someone who
has to make themselves feel superior by putting others down.

Warp, if that wasn't your intention, my sincerest apologies.  It sure
looked that way to me - not a question of reading things "in the worst
possible light" - I just can't see a "best possible light" to read that
comment in, even in context.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 22:39:38 +0100, St. wrote:
>
>>  Jim, with our vast knowledge around here in all types of lifestyles,
>> let Warp have his opinion.
>
> It wasn't the opinion, it was the "at your age?" comment.  I grew up
> around people who behaved like that, and it ticks me off when I see
> someone "picking" on others.  I was the target of that a lot growing up,
> and it pushes ALL of my buttons when I see it happening.

 Heh, YOU are ME, and I am YOU!

  That was my life too. Still is unfortunately. :o/

   I wish I could switch the world off like a light.

    ~Steve~

> Jim

Post a reply to this message