POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Very silly : Re: Very silly Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:24:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very silly
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 3 Sep 2008 17:42:15
Message: <48bf04b7$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 22:12:56 +0100, St. wrote:

> Heh, YOU are ME, and I am YOU!
>
>   That was my life too. Still is unfortunately. :o/

There are days it feels that way as well, but it helps for me that I
moved about 1500 miles away from my tormentors, got married, raised a kid
(well, for the last 12 of his nearly 21 years now), and became
successful.  Now when people try to bully me, I just laugh at 'em.  Had
one guy who tried to bully me (even threatened a lawsuit) and tried to
impress me with his experience "in his field".

I just laughed.  I didn't even point out the books I've published or
other accomplishments I had that far exceeded his self-proclaimed
achievement.  Not worth the time.

Some say that being successful is the best revenge.  I have to agree with
that....I look at some of my classmates - many of whom were my tormentors
- and they haven't done so well.  I'll admit to a little schadenfreude
about it now and then, but generally, I don't even think about it.

>    I wish I could switch the world off like a light.

Even still, there are days.  The last couple of weeks have been pretty
rough for me....

Jim