POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Vista Updates... *sigh* Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:10:41 EDT (-0400)
  Vista Updates... *sigh* (Message 11 to 20 of 55)
From: Jim Holsenback
Subject: Re: Vista Updates... *sigh*
Date: 27 Aug 2008 11:21:30
Message: <48b570fa@news.povray.org>
>>> Nicolas Alvarez <nic### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>>> We're almost considering that at work. Most of the computers currently
>>> run
>>> pirated Windows XP. Except the server, which runs pirated Windows 2003,
>>> and
>>> just today we had to fight yet another activation problem.

>> Warp wrote:
>>  (At least here, AFAIK, there exist authorities who do take seriously
>> reports of companies using pirated software for their work. For this
>> reason basically no respectable company here uses pirated software.)

> scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> Same here, and if you want your company to be acreddited to any standard,
> you need to demonstrate that you have licenses for all software you are
> using.  For this reason I have some background task running on my computer
> that keeps a list of all installed programs and reports back to IT...  Any
> freeware programs I install I have to send a copy of the license to IT so
> they don't get in trouble.

good ..... at least I'm not the only one who raised an eyebrow on this one.
I even give my friends who use pirated software a bad time about this. I
won't work on ANY system that I think has pirated software!!! Shame on you
guys (Nicolas)!!!! Also (if I were prone to this behavior) I won't admit to
anyone

Jim

Post a reply to this message