POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Vista Updates... *sigh* : Re: Vista Updates... *sigh* Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:22:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vista Updates... *sigh*
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 27 Aug 2008 16:09:21
Message: <48b5b471$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Tim Nikias wrote:
>
>> Safe mode et al yield the same black screen, just with "Safe Mode"
>> printed in the corners. Still no Taskbar or Desktop Icons...
>>
>> *sigh*
>
> Just for giggles, have you tried logging in via Remote Desktop?
>
> (If it's a problem with the video driver, this might just work.
> Unlikely, but it's an easy thing to try...)

Nope, didn't try, wouldn't have a system here with which I could try it
anyway (assuming you need Windows and a running LAN to log in). As I
pointed out to Darren, it seems the problem was a corrupt update
download, so I'm not sure if a remote login wouldn't have triggered the
"attempting update kills me"-procedure.

Regards,
Tim