POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Data recovery Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  Data recovery (Message 31 to 40 of 128)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: Data recovery
Date: 27 Aug 2008 08:22:29
Message: <48b54705@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> (You'll note that my own USB stick is not backed up anywhere. You will
> also note that it contains nothing I wouldn't mind losing.)

My USB Flash drive is simply a convenient way of moving data from
Computer A to Computer B where Computer B is not accessible from the
network. It's nice to have everything I need to run diagnostics on a
machine in the shop without needing to configure one of those confounded
USB wireless network adapters that work only half the time, and never
during lunchtime.

Post a reply to this message

>> (You'll note that my own USB stick is not backed up anywhere. You will
>> also note that it contains nothing I wouldn't mind losing.)
>
> My USB Flash drive is simply a convenient way of moving data from
> Computer A to Computer B where Computer B is not accessible from the
> network. It's nice to have everything I need to run diagnostics on a
> machine in the shop without needing to configure one of those confounded
> USB wireless network adapters that work only half the time, and never
> during lunchtime.

My USB stick mainly contains diagnostic tools and my assorted
playthings. (*cough* POV-Ray *cough*) Nothing I couldn't download again
- or just get another copy off my computer anyway...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/