POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Data recovery : Re: Data recovery Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:22:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Data recovery
From: scott
Date: 27 Aug 2008 09:01:23
Message: <48b55023$1@news.povray.org>
> My USB stick mainly contains diagnostic tools and my assorted playthings.
> (*cough* POV-Ray *cough*) Nothing I couldn't download again - or just get
> another copy off my computer anyway...

I picked up a 4GB USB stick for 12 euros or something, and I use it mostly
to watch movies on the PS3. For some reason the streaming software I'm using
on the PC (tversity) quite often screws up when you pause the PS3 in the
middle of a film, meaning you have to start again from the beginning and
then seek to where you were before (if you remember).  No such problems if I
just copy it to the memstick first, plus I can turn off the PC while
watching the film (I don't need any more heat generators in my house at the
moment!)

Also my little mini-hifi thing in the kitchen has a USB socket, so I
sometimes put mp3s on the stick for that.

I regret not paying the 200 euro for the USB socket in my car, that would
save a lot of CD burning and/or cables for the iPod.