POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Something file systems need Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Something file systems need (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Darren New
Subject: Something file systems need
Date: 22 Aug 2008 13:16:42
Message: <48aef47a@news.povray.org>
A flag that says "don't back up this file, ever."

Set on cache directories/files, especially those where it's faster to
rebuild the file than to restore it, or where it's likely to be out of
date if you restore something.

Bonus points for adding the user(s) and program(s) that use the files,
so you can safely delete them to recover space whenever that program
isn't running.

Because, damn, people spray those things all *over* the file system.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)

Post a reply to this message