POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Weeeeeeee! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Weeeeeeee! (Message 41 to 50 of 50)
From: Clarence1898
Subject: Re: Weeeeeeee!
Date: 16 Aug 2008 21:10:00
Message: <web.48a779396fd53ddd9b0419b60@news.povray.org>
> >> Does anybody *else* find it ironic that the world's first programmer was
> >> a women??
> >
> > Noo. Why should it be ironic or even mentionable?
>
> Because today all programmers are male? (Indeed, all people remotely
> connected with computer technology are male.)
>
> --
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/
> http://www.zazzle.com/MathematicalOrchid*

Where I work we have a staff of about 65 programmers, 20 of whom are female.
So while computer technology is predominatly male, there are significant numbers
of females involved.  In another post I mentioned that a few programmers caused
me a lot of agravation.  None of them are female.

Isaac

Post a reply to this message