POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Weeeeeeee! : Re: Weeeeeeee! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:20:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Weeeeeeee!
From: Darren New
Date: 17 Aug 2008 12:46:11
Message: <48a855d3$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Untrue, unless I imagine the females in the engineering department who
> code and work in system test...

This has definitely changed in recent decades. When I was in grad
school, one of the students said something about women not being into
computers, and the rest of the class went "OOoooo!" (as in, "Ooooo,
you're so politically incorrect.")  He just said "Well, look around."
True, there were two women in a class of 30+ students.

At Bellcore (mid-90's) I can remember one woman out of the 30 people I
worked with.

Nowadays, I see (like others) about 30% women in a given group of
technical folks.  I think the numbers got a lot bigger during the "dot
com boom."

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)