POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's what XKCD does Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:25:22 EDT (-0400)
  It's what XKCD does (Message 35 to 44 of 44)
From: Chambers
Subject: Re: It's what XKCD does
Date: 3 Aug 2008 17:31:06
Message: <4896239a$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> This is easier then finding a date. Smile, and be ready to listen to
>> anyone. After you chat with them a few times, pick a day you aren't
>> doing anything and invite them out to a pub to continue what ever the
>> last conversation was.
>>
>> See, now you've made a friend. You can do the whole thing without a
>> pub, substituting other local hang out.
>
> I tried this. The person I was speaking to started laughing.
>
> Hysterically.
>
> Eventually she finished laughing her **** off, and politely declained.

Wow, that girl's a jerk.  Seriously, very few of them react this way.

Even though the others aren't such a**holes, though, you'll still get a
lot of rejections - the general rule of thumb for most solicitations,
whether it's for business or personal, is that one out of 10 will say
yes.  So don't let these two experiences put you off, just keep trying.

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message

>>> This is easier then finding a date. Smile, and be ready to listen to
>>> anyone. After you chat with them a few times, pick a day you aren't
>>> doing anything and invite them out to a pub to continue what ever the
>>> last conversation was.
>>>
>>> See, now you've made a friend. You can do the whole thing without a
>>> pub, substituting other local hang out.
>>
>> I tried this. The person I was speaking to started laughing.
>>
>> Hysterically.
>>
>> Eventually she finished laughing her **** off, and politely declained.
>
> Wow, that girl's a jerk.  Seriously, very few of them react this way.

I think she was surprised and embarrassed rather than actually trying to
be mean. Even so, it was *not* a pleasent reaction to receive.

> Even though the others aren't such a**holes, though, you'll still get a
> lot of rejections - the general rule of thumb for most solicitations,
> whether it's for business or personal, is that one out of 10 will say
> yes.  So don't let these two experiences put you off, just keep trying.

Well, I've now "tried" with everybody I know. So until I discover some
way of meeting new people, there's nothing further I can do now.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/