POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Caller ID spoofing? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Caller ID spoofing? (Message 11 to 20 of 50)
From: Sabrina Kilian
Subject: Re: Caller ID spoofing?
Date: 23 Jul 2008 23:46:45
Message: <4887fb25$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> Sabrina Kilian wrote:
>
>> The businesses using it have money, so that law doesn't apply to them.
>> In the US, we only bust kids playing with computers and charge them
>> with being cyber terrorists.
>
> The "terrorist" du jour appears to be a woman and her father taking
> pictures of butterflies on petunias.
>
> My wife and her dad were taking pictures of a butterfly in some town
> square shopping area type setting. A security guard approached them, and
> demanded they sign paperwork stating they wouldn't share the pictures on
> the internet.
>
> They didn't sign any paperwork. :)
>
> I so very much wish I were there. But it's probably a good thing,
> because what I would have done would most assuredly get myself thrown in
> jail.

Good for them!

I wouldn't have signed it either, and probably would have been too busy
laughing at the security guard to ask him to prove that s/he could
identify the petunia and butterfly that I was taking a picture of, and
to prove that s/he had the authority to ask me to sign paperwork. Then I
would have offered the butterfly a dollar to sign a model release, if
the guard could catch it

Post a reply to this message