POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Back to the future Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:11:21 EDT (-0400)
  Back to the future (Message 85 to 94 of 234)
From: Eero Ahonen
Subject: Re: Back to the future [~200KBbu]
Date: 24 Jul 2008 04:41:21
Message: <48884031@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>>> My point is still that you can't reover what isn't there any more.
>>>

>> Right, but the information is still there, and so it is recoverable.
>
> Heh. Next thing you'll be telling me that you can take a photograph that
> has faded to a plain yellow sheet of paper and somehow "recover" the
> image that used to be on it. :-P

I have seen a originally black&white photograph (from somewhere of 20th
century beginning, 1920 oslt), which got just scanned and printed with
color printer - and it actually did got some colors. You could see the
color on persons face as well as she was wearing a blue dress. That was
something that really amazed me.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net