POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Back to the future : Re: Back to the future [~200KBbu] Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Back to the future [~200KBbu]
From: scott
Date: 24 Jul 2008 04:44:50
Message: <48884102@news.povray.org>
> All I know is that when I take a dark image and try to make it brighter,
> it comes out hopelessly noisy.

That is probably because you took it with a camera that is already
hopelessly noisy, of course brightening it digitally is just going to
amplify the noise too.

Try playing about with a better photo, (googling "photo" is a start!),
darken it by a factor of 4, then lighten it back to its original.  Hardly
any noise visible.