POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Apply yourself Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:21:47 EDT (-0400)
  Apply yourself (Message 31 to 32 of 32)
From: andrel
Subject: Re: Apply yourself
Date: 18 Jul 2008 16:13:45
Message: <4880F9B3.2010509@hotmail.com>
On 18-Jul-08 21:59, Gail Shaw wrote:
> "andrel" <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> news:488### [at] hotmailcom...
>>  And my guess was
>> that that would be logically correct, but highly unlikely to be
>> acknowledged.
>
> Ah, sorry, I misread. You aer correct.
> The definition of "previously disadvantaged" is disadvantaged by the
> government that was in power until 1994.
> Logically, that means that no one born after 1994 can be considered
> "previously disadvantaged".

And, are they?

>>  If that works out I will be going to SA in ... 2015! Anyway
>> there seems to be a disproportional lot of SA in my live recently.
>
> Awesome. We're mostly nice people.

The ones I meet, yes. People from Johannesburg have this strange habit
to tell how wonderful it is there and if you come there you'll have a
fantastic time. The they add something like: 'well, if you survive'. I
was saying goodbye to one of them. Next to us someone steps into his
(rather new) car. Comment: 'In Johannesburg he wouldn't have done that.
Two guys standing by your car? pretend it's not yours and wait until
they are gone' And so on, funny (the first time)

> If you do come down here, and I'm still in SA at the time, we can arrange
> some get together somewhere..

I'll do that. It'll probably be somewhere in August/September. Have any
plans?

Post a reply to this message

"andrel" <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
news:488### [at] hotmailcom...

> > Ah, sorry, I misread. You aer correct.
> > The definition of "previously disadvantaged" is disadvantaged by the
> > government that was in power until 1994.
> > Logically, that means that no one born after 1994 can be considered
> > "previously disadvantaged".
>
> And, are they?

At the moment, yes. There's been some discussion about narrowing the scope
of the "previously disadvantaged" tag, but nothing's been done.
It would not be in the ruling party's favor to do that though, as many of
their strongest supporters are in the 'youth league'

> The ones I meet, yes. People from Johannesburg have this strange habit
> to tell how wonderful it is there and if you come there you'll have a
> fantastic time.

We feel obliged to counter the bad publicity the country gets

> I'll do that. It'll probably be somewhere in August/September. Have any
> plans?

For 2015? Not at the moment. <g>