POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Apply yourself : Re: Apply yourself Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:26:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Apply yourself
From: andrel
Date: 18 Jul 2008 16:13:45
Message: <4880F9B3.2010509@hotmail.com>
On 18-Jul-08 21:59, Gail Shaw wrote:
> "andrel" <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> news:488### [at] hotmailcom...
>>  And my guess was
>> that that would be logically correct, but highly unlikely to be
>> acknowledged.
>
> Ah, sorry, I misread. You aer correct.
> The definition of "previously disadvantaged" is disadvantaged by the
> government that was in power until 1994.
> Logically, that means that no one born after 1994 can be considered
> "previously disadvantaged".

And, are they?

>>  If that works out I will be going to SA in ... 2015! Anyway
>> there seems to be a disproportional lot of SA in my live recently.
>
> Awesome. We're mostly nice people.

The ones I meet, yes. People from Johannesburg have this strange habit
to tell how wonderful it is there and if you come there you'll have a
fantastic time. The they add something like: 'well, if you survive'. I
was saying goodbye to one of them. Next to us someone steps into his
(rather new) car. Comment: 'In Johannesburg he wouldn't have done that.
Two guys standing by your car? pretend it's not yours and wait until
they are gone' And so on, funny (the first time)

> If you do come down here, and I'm still in SA at the time, we can arrange
> some get together somewhere..

I'll do that. It'll probably be somewhere in August/September. Have any
plans?