POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Need for speed Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:24:49 EDT (-0400)
  Need for speed (Message 159 to 168 of 168)
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: Ah, history
Date: 20 Jul 2008 18:17:43
Message: <4883b986@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> I think it says more about the mentality of the user if they don't seek to
> find more efficient ways to work.  Not just in using software, but in
> other things too.

People nowadays get used to things not working, and work around them.

My sister's computer has FlashBlock installed on Firefox. I once saw her
load a particularly flash-heavy website and very quickly move the mouse
around activating all of the different Flash components in the page. She
has probably done that a hundred times for that website already...

I expected she'd have complained to me about it before, and I'd have shown
her how to easily add a website to the whitelist.

Post a reply to this message