POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Need for speed : Re: Ah, history Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ah, history
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 20 Jul 2008 18:22:24
Message: <4883baa0@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> From that point on, I wrote every single assignment in HTML instead.

I would always do it if I could choose.

To my mind, there is something fundamentally wrong with WYSIWYG editors.

Type "hello world". Make "hello" bold. If you put the cursor after the 'o'
in 'hello', and type a space and another word, will it be bold or not?

Type "hello world". Make "world" bold. Delete "world". Now nothing seems to
be bold, but if you type something else, will it be bold or not? Maybe
there is the equivalent of <b></b> leftover in the document.

In HTML, I always know if the cursor is before or after a tag :)