POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Need for speed : Re: Ah, history Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ah, history
From: scott
Date: 21 Jul 2008 03:49:02
Message: <48843f6e$1@news.povray.org>
> Type "hello world". Make "hello" bold. If you put the cursor after the 'o'
> in 'hello', and type a space and another word, will it be bold or not?

One of the following will let you know:

1) Remember that in Word when you type, the formatting is the same as what
is to the left of the cursor
2) Look to see if the "B" is "pressed" or not in the toolbar
3) Have the "Show Formatting" button pressed, so you can see if your space
was bold or not

> Type "hello world". Make "world" bold. Delete "world". Now nothing seems
> be bold, but if you type something else, will it be bold or not?

Of course not.  Unless you didn't just make "world" bold, but the
space/linefeed after it too, and then only deleted the word, of course then
leaving a space/linefeed in bold.

> In HTML, I always know if the cursor is before or after a tag :)

In Word, each character has a format associated with it, including spaces
and returns.  Delete the character, the formatting goes with it.  Start
typing, you get the format of the character to the left.  It's not hard to
understand.