POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dreaming Server Time
8 Sep 2024 01:16:36 EDT (-0400)
  Dreaming (Message 81 to 90 of 104)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Dreaming
Date: 13 Jul 2008 03:06:56
Message: <4879a990$1@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:

> Had something similar at a recent MS event. Presenter says that he has lots
> of stuff to give away over the course of the day.
> "I have stress balls," he says, and throws two of them into the crowd.
> "I have T-shirts," he says and tosses one into the crowd.
> "I have some nice hardcover books," he says, hoisting three into the air as
> if to throw. People in the front couple of rows duck. He grins and puts the
> books back down, "Maybe I shouldn't throw these"

The musicat Starlight Express has something similar. One of the
performers throws a brick into the audience - but it's actually chained
to his custume. Which is very obvious, but people still flinch... Quite
amusing really.

But then, if you ever get to see Tap Dogs (which I highly recommend),
the final scene involves them tap dancing in a tray of water and
pretending to soak the audience at every step - although somehow nobody
actually gets wet...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/