POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dreaming Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:16:31 EDT (-0400)
  Dreaming (Message 51 to 60 of 104)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Dreaming
Date: 11 Jul 2008 06:21:07
Message: <3vce741maq6f56k5q0nco1v1f2774e7bq3@4ax.com>
On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 22:53:36 +0200, "Gail Shaw" <initialsurname@sentech sa dot
com> wrote:

>I was totally introverted about 6 years ago. Terrified of speaking to
>strangers, wouldn't even contemplate any form of public speaking. I can't
>pinpoint a single event that changed it,

My first public speaking experience was a surprise. I was involved in some
background union activity offshore. The chairman opened a meeting by saying that
he could not stay and Stevie would chair it instead. That left me with no option
but to stand up and speak. Looking back on it I am glad that I was thrown in at
the deep end as I did not have time to worry and get nervous. I use the same
principle today, I never prepare a speech only the subject and rely on knowing
the subject. I'm not afraid to admit I don't know the answer to questions but I
will come back with the answers later.
On an aside, the week before last I was giving a talk to my local computer club
about the wonders of Excel. I went really well only three out of the audience of
ten fell asleep. :) It was past their bedtime though. (I am the only one who is
not a pensioner)
Ah! Well, win some, lose some :)
--

Regards