POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dreaming : Re: Dreaming Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:18:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dreaming
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 11 Jul 2008 08:28:20
Message: <487751e4$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> As an aside...
>
> My therapist seems to think that I'm nervous of public speaking because
> I'm autistic. I was under the impression that *all* people are nervous
> of public speaking. (Or at least, the vast majority of people anyway.) I
> didn't think this was "abnormal" in any way...?

It's not. I used to be nervous of public speaking, to the extent that
I'd bail on assembly bible readings at school and even considered
skipping some uni classes. I'm still scared of it now, even after giving
papers at research conference and being a best man three times. It's the
build-up I can't stand, it just terrifies me. However, once I'm up there
I usually have great fun and wonder what all the fuss was about... weird.