POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dreaming : Re: Dreaming Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:12:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dreaming
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 11 Jul 2008 08:52:36
Message: <48775794$1@news.povray.org>

48773886$1@news.povray.org...
> As an aside...
>
> My therapist seems to think that I'm nervous of public speaking because
> I'm autistic. I was under the impression that *all* people are nervous of
> public speaking. (Or at least, the vast majority of people anyway.) I
> didn't think this was "abnormal" in any way...?

I'd say that people who are *** naturally *** so self-confident that they
can speak in public without fear are the abnormal ones. Like Gail and others
said, it needs time and training before one can overcome it and even then...
An anecdote about legendary stage actress Sarah Bernhardt: a young actress
once confided to her that she never had stage fright before going on stage.
Sarah Bernhardt promptly answered: "Don't worry, it comes with talent."

I can't see what it has to do with autism anyway. More seriously, what form
of autism do you suffer from? Frankly, it doesn't sound that you have issues
than other people don't experience sometimes in their life, particularly in
the geek/nerd population. I'm left with the strange feeling that if you're
autistic, then I'm autistic too and so are many people I know...

G.