POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Coins Server Time
1 May 2024 22:17:49 EDT (-0400)
  Coins (Message 1 to 10 of 45)
From: scott
Subject: Coins
Date: 8 Jul 2008 09:24:51
Message: <48736aa3$1@news.povray.org>
Did you know, that if you had a ton of old 2 pence pieces (worth 2800
pounds), you could melt them down and sell the ton of copper for the going
price of 4300 pounds.

Surely something has gone wrong when the things we use to represent the
actual money are worth more than the money itself?

IMO just get rid of the 1p and 2p (also 1 cent and 2 cent in Europe).
Didn't this happen in some country already?

(PS: No need to reply if this doesn't interest you)

Post a reply to this message

> Did you know, that if you had a ton of old 2 pence pieces (worth 2800
> pounds), you could melt them down and sell the ton of copper for the
> going price of 4300 pounds.

HA! I *knew* it! I always thought the metal must be worth more than the
coin itself... (After all, metal is a pretty expensive material.)

Although... the coins aren't pure copper, are they? Would that affect
the price?

> Surely something has gone wrong when the things we use to represent the
> actual money are worth more than the money itself?
>
> IMO just get rid of the 1p and 2p (also 1 cent and 2 cent in Europe).
> Didn't this happen in some country already?

That would be... interesting. Especially given that all items sell for

Ooo, wait... if there were no 1p or 2p coins, it would have to be...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/