POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Paraniod Server Time
8 Sep 2024 09:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Paraniod (Message 6 to 15 of 125)
<<< Previous 5 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Gilles Tran
Subject: Re: Paraniod
Date: 3 Jul 2008 11:45:27
Message: <486cf417$1@news.povray.org>

486cbc2b$1@news.povray.org...
> I'm also reminded of the story of the user who religiously kept all her
> files on floppy disks so that she wouldn't "fill up" the hard drive in her
> PC. (Which had a capacity of many gigabytes.) Flawless logic - until you
> comprehend the fact that a HD holds many times more data than a floppy...

Once I had a secretary who never used the HD at all because she had been
told that hard discs were not reliable.

Everything she wrote was stored in a single Word file kept on a single
floppy. Every letter was a new page.

G.

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 3 Jul 2008 12:38:02
Message: <486d006a$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> I'd use CDs too if I were her, otherwise I wouldn't know who else was
> looking at the files or where they were getting backed up etc.

I would have recommended a USB memory stick, myself.

> Anyway, I would be more concerned, as the IT dude, exactly what sort of
> files she doesn't want to have on the network.

Is there anyone here who *doesn't* think it's porn?

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: