POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Paraniod : Re: Paraniod Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paraniod
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 3 Jul 2008 16:17:20
Message: <486d33d0$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> HDs were once of questionably reliability, but floppies are so
> hopelessly unreliable it's not even worth thinking about!

That (HD's unreliability) is what RAID is for.

> I mean, forget for a moment the fact that editing a Word document stored
> on a floppy is 97% guaranteed to result in file corruption...

I don't recall so, but if you'll take the floppy out before closing the
document (and won't put it back in quickly enough), you'll have 100%
sure corruption.

> A new
> document for each page?

No, a new page for each document, ie. 5 letters on a floppy means a
5-page document.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net