POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Spore Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:24:39 EDT (-0400)
  Spore (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Spore
Date: 29 Jun 2008 07:18:54
Message: <48676f9e$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20080627

LOLcakes... I bet it's just like that too! ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: Spore
Date: 30 Jun 2008 08:48:00
Message: <4868d600$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20080627
>
> LOLcakes... I bet it's just like that too! ;-)

THAT cracked me up. I'd been following Spore pretty much since it had
been announced, having fiddled with a game called Creatures years ago
(and gaining notoriety for a genome editor I wrote for it, which had a
serious bug that would occasionally eat the genome files... but it was
still widely used because of it's preview capabilities.) It interested
me as another A-Life sim.

Unfortunately, I think this comic is spot on, I can imagine it now.

Post a reply to this message

And lo on Sun, 29 Jun 2008 12:18:55 +0100, Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull>

did spake, saying:

> http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20080627
>
> LOLcakes... I bet it's just like that too! ;-)

On a subtler note

http://www.crispygamer.com/comics/backward/Backward-2008-06-20.aspx

--

Phil Cook