POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Spore : Re: Spore Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:25:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spore
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 30 Jun 2008 08:48:00
Message: <4868d600$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20080627
>
> LOLcakes... I bet it's just like that too! ;-)

THAT cracked me up. I'd been following Spore pretty much since it had
been announced, having fiddled with a game called Creatures years ago
(and gaining notoriety for a genome editor I wrote for it, which had a
serious bug that would occasionally eat the genome files... but it was
still widely used because of it's preview capabilities.) It interested
me as another A-Life sim.

Unfortunately, I think this comic is spot on, I can imagine it now.