POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My first nomogram Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:12:13 EDT (-0400)
  My first nomogram (Message 41 to 48 of 48)
From: scott
Subject: Re: My first nomogram
Date: 30 Jun 2008 11:52:10
Message: <4869012a@news.povray.org>
>  No, I don't know anything about nomograms and little about postscript,

Great, so you're publically calling someones work so trivial it shouldn't
have been posted, and asking if there is any "more" to it that would make it
interesting to you (which in itself is considered pretty rude when the OP
has explained pretty clearly what it's about), and all this when you confess
to knowing little about the subjects involved!

Post a reply to this message

> Great, so you're publically calling someones work so trivial it shouldn't
> have been posted

  Where exactly?

  Yes, always interpret everything in the worst possible way.

> and asking if there is any "more" to it that would make it
> interesting to you (which in itself is considered pretty rude when the OP
> has explained pretty clearly what it's about), and all this when you confess
> to knowing little about the subjects involved!

  So let me get this straight: I don't know much about the subject, and
thus I ask for reasons for the subject to be interesting, and this, in
your opinion, is wrong and rude.

  Yeah, sure. Whatever you can come up with that will make things look
worse.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>> Great, so you're publically calling someones work so trivial it shouldn't
>> have been posted
>
>   Where exactly?
>
>   Yes, always interpret everything in the worst possible way.
>
>> and asking if there is any "more" to it that would make it
>> interesting to you (which in itself is considered pretty rude when the OP
>> has explained pretty clearly what it's about), and all this when you confess
>> to knowing little about the subjects involved!
>
>   So let me get this straight: I don't know much about the subject, and
> thus I ask for reasons for the subject to be interesting, and this, in
> your opinion, is wrong and rude.
>
>   Yeah, sure. Whatever you can come up with that will make things look
> worse.

It's the language barrier, Warp.

Backhanded complements and snide remarks are an art form in English, and
exploited throughout drama and comedies. While you were just asking
'What makes this interesting?' it comes across as though you are
suggesting that the math and lines are 'too simple to actually be
interesting or useful.'

I wouldn't ask about a Rube Goldberg machine, 'So, what does it actually
do?' because the tone suggest that I find it useless for 'just' breaking
an egg.

Post a reply to this message

>> Great, so you're publically calling someones work so trivial it shouldn't
>> have been posted
>
>  Where exactly?

"What I don't get is why you posted it here, really."

>  So let me get this straight: I don't know much about the subject, and
> thus I ask for reasons for the subject to be interesting, and this, in
> your opinion, is wrong and rude.
>
>  Yeah, sure. Whatever you can come up with that will make things look
> worse.

Keep digging!

Post a reply to this message

> >> Great, so you're publically calling someones work so trivial it shouldn't
> >> have been posted
> >
> >  Where exactly?

> "What I don't get is why you posted it here, really."

  You are reading more than there is in my text.

> >  So let me get this straight: I don't know much about the subject, and
> > thus I ask for reasons for the subject to be interesting, and this, in
> > your opinion, is wrong and rude.
> >
> >  Yeah, sure. Whatever you can come up with that will make things look
> > worse.

> Keep digging!

  Was that a note to self or something?

--