POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random thought for the weekend Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:25:44 EDT (-0400)
  Random thought for the weekend (Message 11 to 20 of 32)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Random thought for the weekend
Date: 28 Jun 2008 15:14:26
Message: <48668d92$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> scott <sco### [at] laptopcom> wrote:
>> We all still are just chemical reactions!
>
>   That's like saying that literature is just paper and ink.

Pretty much.

That's the thing most people don't get, tho.  The information content is
in the *arrangement*, not the *components*. People say things like
"there is no soul, because a dead person and a live person have all the
same chemicals."  Even tho there's nothing *physical* there more than
the chemicals, their arrangement is what's important.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: