POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 10 things to use a Min Heap for Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:26:02 EDT (-0400)
  10 things to use a Min Heap for (Message 89 to 98 of 108)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: 10 things to use a Min Heap for
Date: 24 Jun 2008 05:08:30
Message: <4860b98e$1@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:

> Isn't it also the place with 80% or so of the IT work in England?

The qualification "IT" is superfluous. ;-)

[But then, "London" now covers about 25% of all the land space in the
UK, so...]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 24 Jun 2008 07:30:38
Message: <4860dade$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Gail Shaw wrote:
>
>> Isn't it also the place with 80% or so of the IT work in England?
>
> The qualification "IT" is superfluous. ;-)
>
> [But then, "London" now covers about 25% of all the land space in the
> UK, so...]

Hmm, taking Doctor John's figures of 30x50km and assuming London to be
rectangular, let's call it an even 1500 km2. An overestimation, but it's
the right order of magnitude. That's about 1.2% of England alone
according to Wikipedia, and barely 0.6% of the UK as a whole...

That's interesting, I've never had cause to work it out before and it's
actually bigger than I imagined.

I couldn't comment on the proportion of the IT sector that resides
there, however. :-)

Post a reply to this message