POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 10 things to use a Min Heap for : Re: 10 things to use a Min Heap for Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:17:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 10 things to use a Min Heap for
From: Invisible
Date: 24 Jun 2008 08:18:05
Message: <4860e5fd$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Dude, you so should be doing something else than fixing computers for a
> job.

...and during today's lunch break, a wrote a program that connects to
the Internet, downloads an HTML page via HTTP, parses the large table in
the middle, and outputs the resulting data as a CSV file.

In other words, with a single command, it gives me a CSV file containing
all of PassMark's CPU ratings data.

(NB. I am not aware of any HTTP libraries for Haskell, so I'm handling
HTTP manually. Similarly, I am not using any XML library, just plain
string matching.)

Apparently, a Mac Mini is a few percent faster than my current PC.

[Difference between a normal person and a Geek:

- A normal person goes to a website, looks up the speeds, and has their
answer.

- A Geek goes to a website, finds the information, writes a program to
download the page and parse the dense presentational markup, and produce
a searchable database. And then they have their answer.

Hmm... I'm really inefficient!]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/