POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wow... how quaint Server Time
8 Sep 2024 03:18:17 EDT (-0400)
  Wow... how quaint (Message 71 to 80 of 109)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Wow... how quaint
Date: 7 Jun 2008 01:27:46
Message: <484a1c52$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> There's a significant difference between "I couldn't find the
> documentation" and "it doesn't appear to be documented". ;-)

Not as much as you might think you're implying.  "The documentation
hasn't appeared before me" and "I couldn't find the documentation" are
pretty darn close. ;-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"

From: Darren New
Date: 7 Jun 2008 01:29:36
Message: <484a1cc0@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

Graphics and sound cards and CPUs,

 >   Oh, my. ;)

Graphics and sound cards and CPUs,

 >   Oh, my. ;)

Graphics and sound cards and CPUs,

 >   Oh, my. ;)

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

From: Darren New
Date: 7 Jun 2008 01:31:28
Message: <484a1d30$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> I was talking specifically about scripting. ;-) [The whole "batch files
> were everything" trip mentioned further up.]

Fair enough.

> The API for manipulating processes and RAM and GUI resources and such is
> NOTHING LIKE any kind of Unix I'm aware of.

Yes, that's what I meant.

>> I mean, really, CP/M had "more" and "type" and such.
> I have no idea what CP/M is.

Think of it as PC-DOS 1.0 for 8-bit computers. ;-)

Basically, if you know PC-DOS 1.0 system calls, you know CP/M.

(I forget, did PC-DOS ever have PIP?)

>> That would be where the symlinks come into it. :-)
> Doesn't that just mean you have two filesystems instead of one?

No. You just have two separate trees of files with the same files
"duplicated" in both.

> Damn, THAT was "interesting"... o_O

Ooops. Got the 50-1000 error again.
Type E-E-Bell!