POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wow... how quaint : Re: Wow... how quaint Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:15:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wow... how quaint
From: Warp
Date: 7 Jun 2008 10:24:53
Message: <484a9a34@news.povray.org>
andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> It was a very powerful concept, e,g, if it was still alive
> today we could easily implement a POV: device such that copying a file
> into that device would render that file.

  AFAIK in the current MacOS X you can create folder-specific scripts
which are automatically run on files which are copied to that folder
(and maybe on some other events as well). For example some people use
the feature to automatically create thumbnail versions of images when
those images are copied to a certain folder. I assume you could easily
achieve that povray-rendering feature as well, if you wanted.

--
                                                          - Warp