POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quotable Server Time
8 Sep 2024 11:21:19 EDT (-0400)
  Quotable (Message 70 to 79 of 179)
From: Eero Ahonen
Subject: Re: Quotable
Date: 2 Jun 2008 11:43:07
Message: <4844150b$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   Ever heard of the Banach-Tarski paradox? A solid ball in 3-dimensional
> space can be split into several non-overlapping pieces, which can then be
> put back together in a different way to yield two identical copies of
> the original ball.

Am I the only one here, who's waiting for a raytraced animation-example
of this? :)

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 2 Jun 2008 11:58:37
Message: <484418ad@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen <aer### [at] removethiszbxtnetinvalid> wrote:
> Am I the only one here, who's waiting for a raytraced animation-example
> of this? :)

  Visually dividing a sphere into sets with uncountably many infinitely
small points? You wish.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 2 Jun 2008 12:00:15
Message: <4844190f$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   Visually dividing a sphere into sets with uncountably many infinitely
> small points? You wish.

Indeed I do. :p

From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 2 Jun 2008 12:06:12
Message: <48441a74$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   It's not like you could shoot an electron to some direction, and then
> the electron suddenly hits the other side of the Earth (or the solar
> system). It hits a quite accurately calculable place.

	There is a non-zero probability that this can happen.

--
The next war will determine not what is right, but what is left.

                    /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                    anl

Post a reply to this message