POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A small puzzle Server Time
8 Sep 2024 13:16:34 EDT (-0400)
  A small puzzle (Message 79 to 88 of 198)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: A small puzzle
Date: 21 May 2008 14:09:30
Message: <4834655a$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> But then, where I work, you're not allowed to write "03/05/08". (Or even
> "03/05/2008".) There's no way of knowing which date that actually means...

That's why the invasion of Normandy was scheduled for November 11.

> One more thing to thank America for.

Cause date processing wasn't confusing enough already. ;-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"

From: Darren New
Subject: Re: A different measure
Date: 21 May 2008 14:13:58
Message: <48346666$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Sorry, I don't accept complaints about gas prices from people living in
> the US :-) Your prices are ridiculously low no matter how expensive you
> say they are.

In truth, the gas prices are comparable. It's the tax on the gas that's
wildly different. We generally have <$0.50 tax on a gallon of gas.

Of course, if more US cities had public transit comparable to what I've
seen in European cities, I'd be happy to fund that with higher taxes. :-)