POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A small puzzle : Re: A small puzzle Server Time
8 Sep 2024 07:15:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A small puzzle
From: Darren New
Date: 21 May 2008 15:35:25
Message: <4834797d@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> A million is a thousand times a thousand.
> A billion is a million times a million.

You still stopped before "trillion". What's a trillion in the UK, then?

> BTW a myriad is ten thousand .

It's sometimes funny here. In chinese, there are distinct words (like
myriad or milliard) for other powers of 10 also, so she often has to
stop and think for some time to figure out what something like "a
hundred and six thousand" is in digits.

I was talking more
one, thousand, million, billion, trillion, quadrillion, ....

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"