POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A small puzzle Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:16:24 EDT (-0400)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: A small puzzle
Date: 18 May 2008 12:56:28

From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 18 May 2008 14:38:41

> = 1760 yards
> = 8000 links
> = 5280 feet
> = 15840 hands
> = 63360 inches

-clip-

> 1 inch
> = 1000 mils

I think I'll stay preferring the metric system.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 18 May 2008 18:16:07
Message: <4830aaa7@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> THANK GOD FOR METRIC!!! >_<

What he said.

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 19 May 2008 02:39:13
Message: <6v723413ht1cfe9fha46h802q4lsg0n69o@4ax.com>
On Sun, 18 May 2008 18:44:19 +0200, Tor Olav Kristensen
<tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:

>1 mile
>= 8 furlongs
>= 80 chains
>= 1760 yards

Where were you when I was at school :-)

Your post looks like the back of my old school jotters :-)

Yes we had to learn all that stuff by heart.
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message