POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A small puzzle : Re: A small puzzle Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:17:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A small puzzle
From: scott
Date: 19 May 2008 04:09:53
Message: <483135d1$1@news.povray.org>
> If I put my car into top gear and set the engine to 3,500 revolutions per
> minute, my car travels forward at almost exactly 75 miles per hour. So...
> how far forward does it travel for a single revolution of the engine??

I'll assume the other answers are correct, 0.57 meters.

> Similarly, at that speed my car achieves roughly 50 miles per gallon of
> fuel. So how much fuel does it inject into each cylinder??

50 miles per gallon = 5.6e-5 litres per meter according to google.

Which is about 3.22e-5 litres per revolution.

Let's use units of mass here, because I think it's easier to imagine the
amount, so we have about 24 mg of petrol being used per revolution.

So in your engine, that means 12 mg of fuel is being injected each time into
each cylinder (the fuel is injected every 2nd revolution into each
cylinder).