POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Everything Sucks Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:14:01 EDT (-0400)
  Everything Sucks (Message 19 to 28 of 38)
From: stbenge
Subject: Re: Everything Sucks
Date: 7 May 2008 15:19:31
Message: <482200c3@news.povray.org>
Halbert wrote:
> Meaning no disrespect, but I have to disagree. Having spent years living
> with someone who had frequent psychotic episodes and turn into a very
> strange, scary, paranoid, but then would return to a completely normal
> housewiufe and mother of two the next day. I can tell you with assurance,
> that the problem isn't due to psychological trauma, guilt or any other life
> experience. It may be precipitated by an event. Episodes may be triggered.
> But the root of the problem is biochemical
> I am told that the need for meds can sometimes lessen and even go away but
> seen that when someone tries to ween themselves off the meds, bad things can
> happen. (No matter what Tom Cruise says.)  I've had knives thrown at me. My
> step-daughter's bed room was destroyed.

Man, I'm so sorry for you. Do you still see her?

> But I'm sure Sam is aware of what can happen. And he is not stopping his
> meds by choice.

Right. I know I need help for this, be it chemical, therapeutic,
spiritual. I'll not be letting myself get in a bad way again. I've got
emergency procedures I can initiate if I or somebody around me thinks
I'm heading toward psychosis again. "There is safety in the presence of
council," therefore I must always surround myself with a support group,
be it familial, professional or even collegial.

> Trying to treat such a problem with things like diet and
> meditation, relaxation techniques and the like may be helpful, but relying
> on them alone is a bad choice and even dangerous.

Don't I know it! That's why I'd rather self-medicate in the absence of
prescription drugs. I figure I'll find something that works for the
long-term if I keep searching literature.

Sam

Post a reply to this message