POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I promised not to mock ... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:16:11 EDT (-0400)
  I promised not to mock ... (Message 19 to 28 of 38)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: I promised not to mock ...
Date: 28 Apr 2008 17:44:58
Message: <4816455a$1@news.povray.org>
>> Arguably one might blame Microsoft for the whole "hey, computers are
>> easy now, you don't need to bother learning how to use them properly"
>> mentallity.
>
> Sorry, that's a cop-out. Blame someone else so you don't have to take
> responsibility yourself.

Why does one specific developer suck? Well, because they aren't doing
their job properly. Why are there *so many* of these people? Well,
that's another question.

> To make matters worse, find me another profession where people are willing
> to take the cheaper option?
> If you had to, say, go for eye surgery, and your options were a surgeon with
> 10 years experience who want to charge you a thousand pounds and an intern,
> just out of med school who would do it for 200, which would you choose?
> So, why in IT do people go for the cheapest option possible?

Yeah, that does seem to pretty much be the root cause. Too many people
seem to think that all computer experts are of equal quality, and only
the price tag is important. [Mumbles something about monkeys and peanuts.]

> And if we're talking about computers are easy, no knowledge required,
> shouldn't we also be blaming Apple?

Yes, because Apple exert a significant influence on the global compu...
oh, wait... :-.

[In seriousness though... Apple claim their software is easy to use.
They don't claim that buying there software will magically turn you into
a developer. M$ claim exactly that.]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/