POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I promised not to mock ... : Re: I promised not to mock ... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:12:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I promised not to mock ...
From: Darren New
Date: 29 Apr 2008 12:35:04
Message: <48174e38$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> I meant that they don't often get updated because the programmers got
> it right first time. Maybe I should mention that I'm not thinking
> about pc based systems.

That too. Of course, when what you want changes, you have to balance the
cost of making that change and being assured of getting it right against
the value you get from making the change. Which is what I was saying. :-)

I don't think the shuttle programs are such that this month's flight
being successful means they don't have to change the software for next
month's flight, for example.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"