POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I promised not to mock ... : Re: I promised not to mock ... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:13:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I promised not to mock ...
From: Darren New
Date: 28 Apr 2008 19:12:03
Message: <481659c3$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> Very interesting but what do you expect when it is safety related and
> not commercial?

I think that was sort of the point, except mayhaps a slight confusion on
the conclusion. Not "we do this because it's safety-critical", but "it
won't be safe until you start doing it this way."  A slightly different
way of thinking, perhaps.

> I've worked on lots of hardware that were "safety critical" and the
> software was seldom updated.

Yes, because it's so hard to get right the first time if you don't do it
right.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"