POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : STRESS! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:17:27 EDT (-0400)
  STRESS! (Message 77 to 86 of 106)
From: scott
Subject: Re: STRESS!
Date: 30 Apr 2008 05:11:33
Message: <481837c5$1@news.povray.org>
>> Don't worry, I know exactly how you feel, I am at the end of a 3-day
>> "supplier evaluation workshop" from our largest customer - and I have a
>> ton of action items that need to be completed by lunchtime Monday...
>
> Well, I suppose to some extent my plight isn't quite as bad as the project
> manager for the new building. We were supposed to take ownership on 17
> March. However, somebody wheeled some heavy item into the recention area
> and cracked several floor tiles. This caused them to have to retile the
> reception area.

How about this one:

Me: "Hey, electrical engineer dude, what is the maximum current our product
will draw from the power supply?"
<some hours of calculation later>
"2.8 amps"
"OK, well our target is 1.2A, are you sure you can't improve that?"
<some more hours later>
"OK we reduced the maximum to 1.8A"
(WTF!)
"OK I will inform the customer and see what they say"
<some days later>
Customer: "1.2A is the absolute maximum available, if you want more than
that your product won't work.  end of story."
"Hey engineer dude, we really need to meet this 1.2A target"
<some 20 minutes later>
"OK I think we can meet it, tell them it's ok"

Now, I *really* cannot wait until we make the first samples of this product
and see how much power it actually uses :-)

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:11:32 +0200, "scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:

>How about this one:
>
>Me: "Hey, electrical engineer dude, what is the maximum current our product
>will draw from the power supply?"
><some hours of calculation later>
>"2.8 amps"
>"OK, well our target is 1.2A, are you sure you can't improve that?"
><some more hours later>

[Snipe]

LOL
It depends how you define Amps and "1.2"
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message