POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : STRESS! : Re: STRESS! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 23:24:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: STRESS!
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 7 May 2008 15:40:00
Message: <web.4822045de6cc316886ff1d480@news.povray.org>
> Mike Raiford wrote:
>
> > Why does that all of the sudden make me feel as if I'm one of the
> > mole-people.
> >
> > "Thriving community down here, in the deep recesses of the underground."
> >
> > :)
>
> I always liked to thing of POV-Ray, and especially off-topic, as an
> elite underground sect of engineers, mathematicians, physicists and
> programmers...
>
> --
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/
> http://www.zazzle.com/MathematicalOrchid*

"...an elite underground sect of engineers, mathematicians, physicists and
programmers..." Yes, I like that...

But some of us out here are so asocial that we're even more invisible than
Invisible (me for instance)... Yeah, I admit it, I'm a lurker. I've spent SO
much time reading the posts on these forums, for years now, but I hardly ever
post anything myself. Of course my World of Warcraft addiction has occupied
most of my free time for a couple of years. I'm trying to come out of my shell a
bit though, so we'll see...

Anyway, the fact that Gilles has been able to create his web comic around your
(mostly) silly posts is quite hilarious to me... Awesome work!